Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Rolf Hicker

"The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes"



This statement was said by Marcel Proust and is Rolf Hicker's motto. I think this is a beautiful and extremely true statement that is wonderful to live by. Just being in this class and expanding my photography has changed the way I see things. I notice more intricate details and begin framing things with my eyes as if it were a lens. I feel like everything should be photographed now. I've always carried my point-and-shoot camera with me at all times, but now I actually use it everyday because I notice more thing that I was to document. I have new eyes!

This photographer definitively has a good eye. He has so many different categories of photographs, but I really loved his architecture photos because I'm really drawn to that subject matter. I loved how he framed this building in Spain with the multiple arches. They lead you to the end of what seems like a tunnel and guide you where to look.

Look at more photographs at: http://www.hickerphoto.com/

No comments: